The Adaptations Committee recognizes and encourages the development of works adapted from the core AVP methodology and workshops. Our purpose is to welcome innovators to network, collaborate, share mutual benefits, and promote a more widespread use of AVP, AVP-based processes, and related transforming practices.
Who We Are
We are a dedicated group of AVP facilitators who have adapted the traditional AVP workshops for a variety of populations responding to their particular needs. We are part of the larger AVP community, offering adaptations outside of recognized AVP groups. We continue to grow the AVP community through our innovative and collaborative efforts with AVP USA and other organizations that are working toward shared goals.
Where We Started
AVP facilitators, passionate about sharing the gift of AVP, its messages and methodologies, have over time developed formats that are different from the core workshops.
In 2015, a “Spin-Offs” team was formed at the AVP USA National Gathering to define adaptations of AVP and explore potential benefits for AVP USA and the facilitators that are offering these workshops.
In 2017, the team was renamed and officially recognized as the Adaptations Committee within AVP USA.
What We Do
The Adaptations Committee supports AVP facilitators who have developed or are interested in developing Adaptations of AVP.
Projects of the Adaptations Committee include:
– listing programs in the Adaptations Directory
– identifying individuals and groups that are offering Adaptations
– promoting Adaptations through this website
– developing opportunities to network with each other and share best practices, including specialized areas of knowledge
– exploring ways to reach new audiences
– sharing innovative products that have been created from Adaptations
– building our Adaptations community
As a community devoted to creativity, innovation and transformation, we encourage sharing our Adaptations, our discoveries and our tools with AVP facilitators everywhere.